get the rules for requesting advanced leave and download and print all DA 31 and Army Regulation 600-8-10 Leave and Passes Regulation. also download pure edge viewer and lotus viewer at

Military Advanced Leave Requests

Rules to request advanced leave
Advance leave is chargeable leave granted in anticipation of the accrual of leave during the
remaining period of active duty and may be granted for:

  • A soldier who has an emergency.
  • A soldier who has an urgent personal or morale problem.
  • Accession or PCS move.
  • A pregnant soldier who desires home leave.
  1. Advance leave is with pay and allowances, including leave accrual.
  2. Soldiers may be granted advance leave only when accrued leave is exhausted.
  3. Advanced leave changes to excess leave on date of separation, reenlistment, or entry into an extension of enlistment.
  4. Advance leave may be granted together with expiration of term of service (ETS) or retirement provided transition processing is not interfered with.
  5. Leave does not accrue during periods of excess leave.
  6. The unit commander is the approval authority for advance leave requests for up to 30 days. Requests for advanced leave in excess of 30 days must be forwarded to AHRC (TAPC–PDO–PO), 200 Stovall Street, ALEX VA 22332–0474 for approval.
  7. To avoid excessive minus leave balances, advance leave will be limited to the minimum amount of leave needed. Further advance leave will normally be limited to the lesser of:
  • Thirty days.
  • The amount of leave that will be earned during the remaining period of the current tour of active duty. The current tour of active duty includes current enlistment, excluding extensions that have not become effective for enlisted soldier.
  • While serving an extension, the amount of leave that will accrue prior to the date of separation. Advance leave will not be granted together with excess leave authorized for soldiers
  • In professional degree programs.
  • In officer procurement programs.
  • Being processed for punitive, administrative, or disability discharge.

For more info See AR 600-8-10 >